GBTV - Where the Truth Lives

Election Season 2014

And it has brought us to this trainwreck called ObamaCare and we have bankrupted our kids and grandkids!

We are now headed into the 2014 Election Season and common sense and conservatism are on the rise. Please stand-up and be counted!

Reading Collusion: How the Media Stole the 2012 Election is a great place to start!

The Founding Father's Real Reason for the Second Amendment

And remember the words of Thomas Jefferson "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." See Video of Suzanna Gratia-Hupp’s Congressional Testimony: What the Second Amendment is REALLY For, below (u-tube HERE).

The Leaders Are Here... Palin, Cruz, Lee, Paul, Chaffetz....

T'S A WONDERFUL LIFE

Can You Really Still Believe That None of These People Would Have Done a Better Job???

Bloggers' Rights at EFF

SIGN THE PETITION TODAY...

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Radical leftist GOP candidate Dede Scozzafava quits

By Michelle Malkin • October 31, 2009 11:00 AM

Finally: The spoiler exits the race.

Stacy McCain has the scoop:

Just confirmed that Republican candidate Dede Scozzafava has quit the race. Speaking to supporters, Scozzafava broke down in tears.

UPDATE: Scozzafava, the hand-picked choice of the New York state GOP in the key 23rd District special election, reportedly will throw her support to Conservative Party candidate Doug Hoffman.

Scozzafava’s withdrawal came shortly after a new Siena College poll was released this morning, showing her in third place, with Hoffman neck-and-neck with Democrat Bill Owens.

Hey, GOP elites: Can you hear conservatives NOW?!

Ed Morrissey at Hot Air has the latest Siena Poll that doomed Scozzafava and adds:

This confirms the basic thrust of the three earlier polls, and especially the Daily Kos poll, which got the ranking of the candidates and the distribution of the vote almost exactly correct. Scozzafava has seen her negatives explode, while her two opponents have only become more accepted as they became more well known. She has no chance of winning this race, and her withdrawal leaves Hoffman with the Republican vote whether she endorses him or not.

Will the NRCC shift gears and start buying ads supporting Hoffman in the final three days of this race?

Just think of all those wasted NRCC/RNC dollars spent on the ACORN-Friendly, Big Labor-Backing, Tax-and-Spend, Margaret Sanger Award-Winning Radical in GOP Clothing.

Shame.

Help Doug Hoffman for Congress now.

***

More: 73wire on the campaign trail has Scozzafava’s farewell message:

In recent days, polls have indicated that my chances of winning this election are not as strong as we would like them to be. The reality that I’ve come to accept is that in today’s political arena, you must be able to back up your message with money—and as I’ve been outspent on both sides, I’ve been unable to effectively address many of the charges that have been made about my record. But as I’ve said from the start of this campaign, this election is not about me, it’s about the people of this District. And, as always, today I will do what I believe serves their interests best.

It is increasingly clear that pressure is mounting on many of my supporters to shift their support. Consequently, I hereby release those individuals who have endorsed and supported my campaign to transfer their support as they see fit to do so. I am and have always been a proud Republican. It is my hope that with my actions today, my Party will emerge stronger and our District and our nation can take an important step towards restoring the enduring strength and economic prosperity that has defined us for generations.

On Election Day my name will appear on the ballot, but victory is unlikely. To those who support me – and to those who choose not to – I offer my sincerest thanks.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!

As of 11:13am Eastern, no comment from Scozzafava endorser Newt Gingrich.

The Watertown Daily Times reports:

Ms. Scozzafava told the Watertown Daily Times that Siena Research Institute poll numbers show her too far behind to catch up – and she lacks enough money to spend on advertising in the last three days to make a difference. Mr. Owens has support from 36 percent of likely voters in the poll, with Mr. Hoffman garnering 35 percent support. Ms. Scozzafava has support from 20 percent of those polled.

The Gouverneur resident said she thinks she will receive more than 20 percent of the vote, based on several factors, including her performance during a Thursday debate.

***

Thank you, Sarah Palin.

Thank you, Tea Party activists, Club for Growth, and RedState.

Update: Johnny-come-lamely Newt Gingrich endorses Hoffman.

Update from reader Paul:

My name is Paul Brock. I live in Rochester NY and took the five hour drive up to Saranac Lake last Tuesday to see how I could help the Hoffman campaign. I planned on staying a day maybe two but ended up staying till Friday at 11:30 am. I wanted to write you a quick note and let you know that I have never been ACTIVE in any political campaign. After reading many of your articles and Sarah Palin’s facebook page, I knew it was time to get off the couch! What I found when I arrived was a lot of very gracious,extremely busy people. I was able to jump right in and working with Dougs sister Sandie, we were able to accomplish an enormous amount of processing of contributions. The donations were just beyond anyone’s imagination. The letters brought tears to my eyes. The stories of people who have never donated, one person who had bought some neccessities at Walmart and then returned them so he could send a money order for $25.00. The elderly people who are so very afraid for their grandchildren and great grandchildren.

I am not a political kind of person, but I know that helping this campaign is the right thing to do. I have three children, one who is a former navy sailor, another who is still in the navy and a sixteen year old daughter(who has morals and values and ethics!). I fear for their future with this current administration. I know I am not the only one.

The reason for this email is to ask you to keep this story alive for Mr. Hoffman. Keep your readers aware and if possible, keep directing them to Doug’s website to contribute. ALL the support he gets will help guarantee our country a much needed victory.

On a side note, tomorrow I have been asked to go to Syracuse to pick up Captain Scott O’Grady from the airport. He was the pilot shot down in Bosnia in 1995. I get to be his sidekick for two days. How blessed am I?

Again, thank you for the work you do and please continue to spread the word for the Hoffman campaign. The contributions are so necessary and so much appreciated……

Help Doug Hoffman for Congress now.

Source: MichelleMalkin.com

Posted: Knowledge Creates Power – Cross Posted: the Daily Thought Pad

No comments:

Post a Comment