GBTV - Where the Truth Lives

Election Season 2014

And it has brought us to this trainwreck called ObamaCare and we have bankrupted our kids and grandkids!

We are now headed into the 2014 Election Season and common sense and conservatism are on the rise. Please stand-up and be counted!

Reading Collusion: How the Media Stole the 2012 Election is a great place to start!

The Founding Father's Real Reason for the Second Amendment

And remember the words of Thomas Jefferson "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." See Video of Suzanna Gratia-Hupp’s Congressional Testimony: What the Second Amendment is REALLY For, below (u-tube HERE).

The Leaders Are Here... Palin, Cruz, Lee, Paul, Chaffetz....

T'S A WONDERFUL LIFE

Can You Really Still Believe That None of These People Would Have Done a Better Job???

Bloggers' Rights at EFF

SIGN THE PETITION TODAY...

Friday, February 13, 2009

Glenn Beck: Pelosi rushes vote so she can go on 8-Day European Vacation

GLENN: Representative John Culberson of Texas claims the stimulus bill must be urgently voted on today because speaker Nancy Pelosi is leaving at 6:00 p.m. for an eight-day trip to Europe. No way. Get him on the phone. Get Culberson on the phone. Pelosi is hoping to lead a delegation to Europe. There she is with the Pope getting an award from an Italian legislative group. Calls to Pelosi went unreturned. Democrats have now broken their promise to have the public see the proposed bill for 48 hours before any vote. I believe, um, this is obscene. I believe Obama said that five days, that he would make things public before they would be turned into law. Senator Frank Lautenberg, democrat from New Jersey, predicted that none of his Senate colleagues would have a chance to read the final version of the bill before it comes up for the final vote. Here it is, 1,071 pages. None of his Senate colleagues would have the chance. This is obscene. There is no emergency that is so important that we pass this without reading it. There is absolutely no excuse! You know what? You call up your congressman, you call up your senators today. I swear to you, you might want to vote for it, you can wait. Nancy Pelosi can wait. You can wait until you've had a chance to read the damn thing! Who in their right mind would do this in business? Who in their right mind would do this with your own home? Damn it, it is our country! Who are these alien life forms? How fast do they have to read it? If they're going to vote today, they have to read 640 words per minute. Now, I'm going to show you, I'm going to read a page of the stimulus package and I'm going to show you how I would have to read it. Now, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I'm guessing there are some people a little less bright than me in congress. This is the way that I would do it. I would assemble my team, stu, we would have what, I would have my, you know, my aides around me, I guess. I got Joe, who is one of the smartest legal guys, so you can speak legalese.

STU: Right. And this is 150 words here.

GLENN: Only doing 150 words. Here we go. And I'm supposed to read 640 words per minute to be able to read this whole thing and get to the vote and have read it.

STU: And so Nancy Pelosi can catch her plane.

GLENN: There's no way, there is no way that's true. There is absolutely no way.

STU: She's getting an award, though.

GLENN: You ready? Stu, you're going to time me?

STU: Yes.

GLENN: Okay. You time me for a minute.

STU: See how long it takes you to read these 150 words.

GLENN: Okay, all right. Let me know when we hit a minute and we'll just keep going. Ready? Go. 37, watershed rehabilitation program, for an additional amount for watershed rehabilitation program, let's just assume I'm a regular person and I don't know what the watershed rehabilitation, can you find out what the watershed rehabilitation program is please? $50 million, have to count the zeros, for necessary expenses to carry out rehabilitation of structural measures. What does that mean, Joe? Necessary expenses to carry out rehabilitation of structural measures? Buildings and stuff?

JOE: That could be dams, bridges, any structure.

GLENN: Provided that section 1106 of this act shall not apply to this appropriation. Can you find out what section 1106 says?

JOE: And at this time, the congressman or senators are getting an aide to go get that section because they don't know either.

GLENN: Okay. Provided further that priority in the use of such funds shall be given such projects. [Buzzer]

STU: That's one minute.

GLENN: Provided further that the priority in the use of such funds shall be given to such projects that can be fully funded and completed with the funds appropriated in this act. So in other words, as long as it can be completed with the money that is in here, that project gets a priority. Right? Okay. And to activities that commence promptly following the enactments. Or if you can at least start it right away, correct?

STU: Or both.

GLENN: Okay. Rural development programs, rural community advancement program, including transfers of funds. For an additional amount of gross obligations for the principal amount of direct and guaranteed loans as authorized by sections 306 and 310-B, and described in sections 381 ED-1, 381 ED-2 and 381 ED-3. [Buzzer]

STU: That's two minutes.

GLENN: Of the consolidated, hang on, I don't even know, for an additional amount of gross obligations. So in other words, what is obligations? Understand how that word's being used. For an additional amount of gross obligations. Are they saying for an additional amount of money not in this act.

JOE: Right, if you can start the project and finish the project with the moneys allocated, that's fine, but there will still be long-term costs that are not operational costs.

GLENN: Okay, I see. Gross obligations for the amount of principal and direct guaranteed loans as authorized, find out what's in 306, 310, 381 ED-1, 2, and 3, of the consolidated farm and rural development act, what the hell is that? To be able from the rural community advancement program as follows, $5,838,000,000, zero, zero, zero.

STU: Right. And conveniently timed. [Buzzer] That's 3 minutes. Again, you didn't resolve any of the questions that you have.

GLENN: No, I just have questions.

STU: You just have questions like what are these act that we're spending $5 billion on. You have not allocated in your mind whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, you at least know you have to check them. That's not how you actually need to read the bill because you need to get the answers, check them, and come back and say, yes, this is good or this is bad.

Glenn Beck is seen here on the Insider Webcam, an exclusive feature available only to Glenn Beck Insiders. Learn more...

GLENN: Now, let me try to read those hundred words, how fast do I have to read those hundred words.

STU: It's 150 words. You'd have to read it in about --

GLENN: 10 seconds?

STU: 12 seconds.

GLENN: 12 seconds, okay. So I want to read before I vote, if I want to read this bill, I can't even read this in 12 seconds.

STU: You haven't tried. Just read it as fast as you can.

GLENN: Ready? Tell me when to go.

STU: Three, two, one.

GLENN: [reading fast] Provided that section 1106 of this act shall not apply to this proposeration --

STU: Stop.

GLENN: I'm two sentences in.

STU: What's the word you got to here?

GLENN: Provided further. Let me try to read it faster. I'm on line 5 of 24. You have it?

STU: Yeah, ready? Three, two, one.

GLENN: [reading fast] Provided that section 1106 of this act shall not apply to this appropriation. To begin projects... [Buzzer] There's no way. There's absolutely no way to read this. I mean there's no way to read this.

STU: The fastest you read there, I don't know, it seems like about a third as fast as you'd need to read it.

GLENN: Dan, can you take what I just did and speed it up, take what I read the act, I read it to the $5 trillion last hour and I read it quickly, but not really, really fast.

STU: Right. You did 150 words in about a minute there.

GLENN: That was the first time I read it. In fact, Dan, can you just play it at normal speed here on what I did last hour, when I just read it at normal speed? Because I was reading it cold just like somebody would, you turn the page, and here you read it cold. Here you go.

GLENN: For an additional amount of watershed rehabilitation program, $50 million for necessary expenses to carry out rehabilitation of.

STU: Stop.

GLENN: Okay. I'm not reading it slowly. Now, can you cut that, it needs to be 12 seconds, so cut that to 30 seconds. Dan: Okay.

GLENN: [reading fast - unintelligible]

GLENN: That's 30 seconds. Can you get it, will the computer take you down to 12 seconds?

DAN: The computer actually does not let me take it down to 12 seconds. It won't even go that far.

GLENN: It won't time compress, it will not allow, the computer will not allow this amount to be compressed into 12 seconds. What's as fast as you can get it?

DAN: The fastest it will go is 15 seconds.

GLENN: Run 15 seconds. [reading fast - unintelligible]

GLENN: Oh, okay. I got it. How about you? You ready to vote?

STU: And you only have to do that for, you know, the whole night.

GLENN: Yeah. You only have to do that from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m., straight, no potty breaks, nothing.

STU: If you kept your laptop with you, you could keep scrolling while you were going to the bathroom maybe.

GLENN: It's obscene, it's obscene. This is the change we were looking for? This is the change? Where are the damn democrats? Where are the good American democrats? You want to pass this thing, pass it! But know what's in it. Where are all the people that were screaming about the patriot act? Screaming? You people, look, democrats, I'm begging you, you know this isn't a stimulus package, fine. Fine. You want to roll back the, you want to roll back all the Clinton welfare stuff, fine, roll it back. But know what else is in it. We are just handing our sovereignty over. People say character doesn't matter. Yes, it does. This is why character matters. Because anyone can character would say, wait a minute, this is the future of our country. Anyone with character would say I don't care what my own party says, I wouldn't care what Nancy Pelosi says, I don't care. I'm reading it. I was sent here to do a job. And that is to represent the people in my district. And I can't represent them, I can't look them in the eye and say, well, okay, I just passed it, it was a hurry. You vote no! Even if it doesn't mean it stops it, you vote no! This is obscene. I tell you, I'm, I'm, George Washington would call us enemies of the state. George Washington would call us enemies of the state. He would. Here was the indispensable man, here was a man full of honor, here was a man who stepped down. Here was a man who said no. It's Mr. President. They wanted to make him king. Whose liberty are you just throwing around? Whose liberty are you just treating with such disregard? Mine, yours, our children's. These guys have a sacred responsibility to protect us. To protect the constitution of the United States. They can't even read it fast enough! The largest bill ever? The last huge stimulus bill was how much? This is, this dwarfs everything. We have found so many things in it at the last minute, all of a sudden, health care, universal health care, where we're telling our seniors that there are some things you're just going to have to get used to, universal health care czars are tucked into this thing? We've got, what was it, 20 or $30 million for the salt marsh mouse in Nancy Pelosi's district? How dare you? How can you sleep at night! Some of us, some us actually care about our country. And I will not hear, I will not accept any, no more, I will not accept hearing anyone say how dare you tell me I don't love my country. You can vote for this bill and love your country. but you can't vote for this bill if you haven't read the damn bill and love your country! You love your party over country. And I'm tired of it. I am tired of the republicans, I am tired of the democrats. George Washington told us that these two parties, he was against the two-party system. He said it would be the death of us. You got to get yourself away from these parties. That's not me. That's George Washington. Well, now we see how far ahead of his time he was. We don't need a third party. We need Americans that may disagree, that vote for the stimulus package and against the stimulus package, but agree that they need to read the damn bill first. Boy.

STU: Don't try and act like the founders read the entire Declaration of Independence before they signed it.

GLENN: These people put their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor, these people in Washington, some of these people don't even have sacred honor, wouldn't recognize it if it came up and slapped them across the face. And believe me, sacred honor would slap a lot of these clowns across the face. Their lives? They would never put their lives on the line for this constitution, they'd never put their -- you're going to put your life, you are signing this bill, you might as well be putting your life on the line for the country. You better know what the hell is in it. Because -- the CBO says it's going to make things worse. You might say it makes things better. Well, you better damn well know. Just the arrogance.

STU: Glenn, we have to stop here for a break. But just before you do, think about this for a minute. Did George Washington ever get an award from an Italian legislative group?

GLENN: No, he didn't.  But he would have probably left before the vote. I can't read this whole declaration thing. Constitution, whatever. You know what, John? Just sign big, so my name, you know, there's no room for me in there? I got to go. I'm getting an award tonight.

Last Night as of 11PM EST nobody even had a copy of this disaster to review, even if they were willing to stay up all night with a full staff and try to read it.  Now Pelosi is pushing for an immediate vote so she can go on a European vacation.  Call your Congress Representatives, Senators and the White House now!!  Stop this bill !!  Look at the Republican plan (McCain's or Romney's);  Half the cost and creates double the jobs.  Or consider doing nothing at all and let the economy right itself.  The average recession only lasts 18-months... we are halfway there and nobody thinks bankrupting our grandkids is going to help! Just look at the TARP fiasco and the same people are running and managing this…

Keep up on the latest at:

http://www.glennbeck.com/

http://dailythoughtpad.blogspot.com/

http://knowledgecreatespower.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment